ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
vinny samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:23:55 -0700
Hi Everyone,
    Last night I went to a worship time featuring Chuck Gerard, (spelling
mine)  who told us the folling joke, which I really enjoyed.

    A rabbi wanted to send his son to see Israel at age 18, to get a better
understanding of his heritage, culture, etc.
After a year the son returned.
When the son was asked, "How did you like it?"  He said, "Great dad but I
have to tell you something.  While I was there, I met these Christians who
told me about the Lord, and now I am one."
The old rabbi wrung his hands and said, What am I going to do now"?  So he
went to a second rabbi and told him what happened.
The second rabbi said, I also had a son who I sent to israel.    when he
came back after a year and I asked him, how he liked it, he said.  Great,
Dad, but I have to tell you something.  I am now a Christian.
So in great distress, the two Rabbi's went to this higher Rabbi in the town,
who told them that the exact thing happened to his son.
So now there are three distressed unhappy rabbi's, saying, Oy, what are we
going to do about this.

So they decided to go a whael and cry before the Lord and find an answer.
As they were praying and crying, they heard a loud clap of thunder, and the
Lord Himself appeared in the room before them. And in a deep resonant voice
he said, I have to tell you something."

Vinny