ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:20:55 -0700
Sandy and I would appreciate your prayers.  We have somehow gotten into the
middle of a family conflict.  Nothing new there, of course, but this one
will have, and already has had, a lot of emotional ramifications.  In some
respects, we are being held responsible for something we have no control
over.  In short, over the last 7 years or so, we have become a baby sitting
service, without pay I might add, and it has escalated into baby sitting
three children, ages 4 and 4 and 8 and now there is a strong possibility
within a month or so, we will be responsible for a 6 month old baby.  It has
pushed us beyond reasonable limits plus it has done nothing for us
financially except put a greater financial responsibility upon us and we
have enough to worry about without that problem, too.  Twice in the last two
weeks we have tried to talk to our son and his wife about this situation but
the understanding just doesn't seem to be there.  Things are, of course,
taken personally rather than rationally and with maturity and how we feel is
simply ignored.  Well, that's the way it seems to us, so trying to work
things out is almost impossible.  There are so many variables in this
situation, you would quickly grow bored hearing about them all them so I
won't even try to detail the whole situation.  Regardless, the whole thing
is putting an inordinate amount of stress on Sandy and I which, by all
rights, should not be there.  It is funny how grandparents become a free
baby sitting service.  If you say no, the kids are the losers and suffer the
most.  If you say yes, we become the villain of the story and we are labeled
too sensitive.  If I only had a dime for every time I was labeled to be too
sensitive in the 40 years I have been blind, I would be richer than Bill
Gates.  Your prayers would be appreciated.

Phil.