ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:09:15 -0800
Let's just hope she doesn't fall back into temptation when she is able to
come home for visits, Phil.  But maybe they figure that by that length of
time she'll have enough tools to handle short visits.  Thanks for sharing
with us.  Am praying with you for her complete healing, even though I don't
post much.

Peggy

At 07:41 PM 2/27/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>We received a second letter from Gretchen.  She actually said she was
>thankful she was in this rehab center but she was still having trouble
>sleeping.  Gretchen's sleep pattern was all screwed up from her drug usage
>anyhow.  She detailed a story of one of the Alcohol Anonymous ladies who
>spoke recently to their class and it gave Gretchen hope we have not heard in
>Gretchen for a very long time.  The women are housed in a residential area
>only about 15 minutes from where we live but they are picked up each morning
>and taken to the place where they work for part of the day.  Then they have
>drug and alcohol abuse classes in the evenings.  Her oldest boy, Everett is
>8 years old.  He is beginning to ask questions about when she is coming home
>and when we can see her.  He was thinking, from what we gathered tonight,
>that his mom would be home in a month.  Of course, she won't be out for
>several months but we can go see her in 30 days.  It will be 90 days before
>she can get a pass to come home on weekends.  So, in short, this is likely
>going to be more difficult for the little guys.  I won't be writing about
>each letter she sends, of course, but I thought it was interesting to notice
>a shift in Gretchen's attitude after only three days.
>
>Phil.

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger [log in to unmask]