ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:13:56 -0500
Earlier, vinny samarco wrote:

>I'm not quite sure I understand this.  Please clarify--I'm a little dense
>tonight.

Helen replies:
Vinny, I believe you have expressed the meaning of that statement
wonderfully well!
You have even helped to clarify it for me!  Smile
I had tuned in to the Daystar network yesterday morning just in time to
hear the last few sentences that the pastor was teaching.  That statement
struck me as truth, and so I wrote it down, hoping I got it accurately.  I
posted it to several lists hoping for some feedback on it.  You are the
only one who has responded, and I do thank you for doing so.  Smile  I have
been trying to recall incidents in my own Christian life where that
happened to me........I know there are many, but grief over the loss of a
dear friend has taken my thinking the past several days.
I wonder whether anyone else on the list can recall similar incidents as
Vinny's.
One more thought.  If the Spirit of Christ indwells us, and we know that He
is the Word who was in the beginning with God and was Gad, then do we not
have the Word already in our spirits?  I wonder whether we sometimes think
of the Bible as the only quote Word of God end quote, when it cannot even
be understood apart from the Word who inspired its writings.

In His Love,
Helen