ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shelly Pryor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:02:45 -0800
Brad I almost wrote privately but then I thought that might b otherS
wondering the same thing re all my stress, so here goes.
Hmmmm I thought it was going to go now I can't decide where to start.
As a young child I had several surgeries and procedures that were unpleasant
well I guess that's obvious grin. nOT LIFE DEVALUING JUST SCAREY FOR  A
PRESCHOOLER SURGERIES AND SPINAL TAPS, AND SUCH.
Here's the wierd thing
I blocked a lot of it out I just had this fear of dr.'s that no one
including myself could understand. aND I DON'T MEAN SMALL FEAR. mOST 5 AND 6
YEAR OLDS ARE AFRAID OF MONSTERS UNDER THE BED. i WAS AFRAID OF DR.'S HIDING
THERE WHO WOULD COME OUT AND HURT ME. But in my late teens I started having
flashbacks of those early experiences.
I ended up in therapy for it well and the abuse, and my current relationship
and...

Anyhow through working with this christian counselor I made a lot of
progress to the point that normal visits weren't a problem. i won't get in
to the way I learned to view my fears unless you r really bored and want to
hear it grin.
Having been handling things well for the past several years with one
exeption involving surgery a couple years ago, which wasn't even even this
stressful, makes this recent what's the word, regression even harder. I can
say a lot of things to try to make myself feel ok about this recent spacing
outk, gagging, and panic attack/nightmare period. I can tell myself that
I've been having bleeding for over a month and that's bound to be doing
things to my hormones. I can tell myself that I started to suspect in late
sept that I needed to change my depression meds and i jsut should've done it
sooner. Or I can tell myself what I have been saying "you must not've really
learned anything at all." "and what kind of christian r u if u can't even
trust God with the world's simplest procedure?"
Shelly