ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:26:25 -0500
Hey, Family

Sorry for being way off topic again, and again about food.  Kathy's note
about sausage reminded me.  So blame her.  Smile.

I just realized the other night in the middle of whining to the LORD about
being lonely that I have enough dishware and silverware now to invite people
over for dinner and people are not going to come unless I invite them!  So I
want to cook up some lasagne, my specialty and invite folks over.  The
problem is that I haven't been able to find my Dom DeLouise cookbook.  Yeah,
he's the comic from the Smokey and the Bandit movies but he wrote a great
book called "Eat this, you'll feel better" which had a recipe in it for
cooking lasagne without having to cook the pasta noodles first.  I've found
a few similar recipes on the web but they don't seem just right.  Does
anyone know what I'm talking about?  Does anyone else make lasagne that way,
using raw noodles and putting foil over the completed lasagne in the oven so
the noodles cook from the moisture of the meat and cheese?  I really just
need to know what temperature to set the oven at and for how long.  The
recipes on the web disagree between 350 and 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an
hour and say to take the foil off for the last 15 minutes but I don't
remember the recipe I had saying that part.

Thanks in advance for any help (feel free to write off list).

Paul