ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:00:18 -0600
Kathy, I understand your point that the Word became flesh is most
important.  For me, the wise men showing up later is a matter of accuracy
and truth.  You are right in that the meaning of Christmas escapes most people.

At 02:24 PM 12/27/03 -0500, you wrote:
>John
>I think that you are probably right.  The main reason that the wisemen
>show up at the same time as the shepherds in most christmas plays is to
>cut down on set changes and to save time.  Let's face it, most of the C &
>E crowd  isn't going to be that discerning anyway.  If they get the main
>point that God became man and dwelt among us, the program is usually
>considered a success.  Too many don't even get that.  It's so sad!
>In Himk,
>Kathy

>The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

John

You raise your voice when you should reinforce your
argument. -- Dr. Samuel Johnson<*>