ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:25:43 -0500
Okay, so we all know that the real meaning of Christmas is the Gift of JESUS
and that He gave Himself for us.  But let's not forget that the wise men
brought gifts to Baby JESUS.  And it's a wise thing to give gifts to
Italians, too.  So, in the Spirit of gift-giving, let's hear what everyone's
favorite gifts they got this year are.  And the worst gifts.  Okay, you can
say "the worst gifts ever" so people won't know it was something you got
this year and track you down.  Smile.  Let's hear it, folks, especially from
those of you who are returning things today.  You know who you are.

My favorite gift is a ceramic cookie jar that is a lifesize yellow lab
puppy.  My friends out west sent it, knowing I love yellow labs and had
planned on getting one (that was what I thought my last dog was when I got
her from the pound, but it turned out she was a mutt and didn't grow at all,
but shed as much hair as two huge yellow labs.  Smile.)  But I had mixed
emotions about it because I gave the dog away last year when I got sick and
a friend of a friend asked if she could have her for her children.  Since
the dog was alone all day while I was at work I gave her to them.  So I did
have an emotional moment when first opening this gift since it reminded me
so much of my dog (whom I miss very much)....well, she's not "my" dog
anymore.  Anyway, I was going to give the cookie jar to them but now am
trying to talk myself out of it since it looks so good on my hearth and I
keep telling myself "It doesn't look THAT much like your dog, after all, and
the small kids will probably break it anyway and hurt themselves!"

Be that as it may, let's hear it about the best and worst of gifts that you
all got!

Greedy So and So Lion Holding Onto The Cookie Jar Even Though It's Empty