ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:42:57 -0500
Lelia, as a nation, the United States of America is as any other nation of
peoples, except that we were founded on Christian/Biblical principles.  It
is sad that the anti-christ spirits who are in postions of power are slowly
trying to stamp out those principles.  No, the U.S. is not the "new
Israel", and there is no "old Israel" according to the flesh as there was
under the Old Covenant.  The people of God, the Church, consisting of both
Jews and gentiles, are the Israel of God.
It is an interesting and enlightening study which I don't have time to go
into now, and there are scholars here who could better help you understand.
Here is an excerpt from a website that explains it briefly:

"They are not all Israel, which are of Israel: neither, because they are
the seed of Abraham are they all children: but in Isaac shall thy seed be
called. That is, they which are the children of the flesh, these are not
the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the
seed!"
Rom
9:6-8). "The flesh profiteth nothing, it is the Spirit that quickeneth"
John
6:63). "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for
they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are
spiritually discerned"
1Cor
2:14).

The plain Word of God is not to be argued with. These verses tell us that
the natural descendants of Abraham after the flesh are not the children of
God. Therefore 20th century Israel is not the chosen nation of God; they
cannot be, for they have rejected Christ as their Messiah just like the 1st
century did. They abide under the curse of God as unbelievers. The only
chosen nation today are both Jews and Gentiles who have been born again by
the Spirit of God and have availed themselves of the blessings of the
gospel of the grace of God in Christ. These only "are a chosen generation,
a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people"
1Pet
2:9).

I hope this helps a little.

Love,
Helen

At 07:40 PM 12/22/03 -0700, you wrote:
Ok, for all of you who are knowledgeable about scripture, I have sdomething
that has been bothering me for a while now.  I want to know where we as in
where is America in the bible?  Are we the new Israel?  If so where is the
old Israel?  It still exists.  I have read Genesis through Eziechiel and
well, I can't find us so far.  Please let me know.

Lelia the curious.