ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:29:27 -0500
Things are better today between Christa and me.
As for her driving, paratransit is $4.50 each way, so I would not be
able to see Ben very much.  I realize I don't need to see him every day
as I have been doing, but I want to.
About the rules aspect, I guess I feel that this is an exception, with
Ben habing surgery four times these past two weeks I took the chance.
I am sure all teenagers occasionally cope an attitude, and this is no
different.
Today we went to the hospital, and came home together.
I don't know, logic would say I should contact a local church here, I
have called some service organizations, but they have to do a home visit
and fill our forms to see if I qualify for their services.
I do see your pointabout following the rules, and  our ticket incident
the other day, that was not a good thing.

I guess I just feel conflicted, and as though some are saying  you
should do something differently, and perhaps they have a point.  It is
hard for me to talk to new people, to go in to a new church and explain
my situation, all about my blindness, and then to say, Oh I need help!
I know we are to help one another, but...
I appreciate all your thoughts I know they are given in the best
intentions.  Ben should be home soon, and we can not have to worry so
much, even though he will not be able to drive, he can ride with
Christa.
 Rhonda