ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:40:42 -0500
I feel convicted after reading Kathy's message to confess that I did some
back peddling after saying Christa shouldn't be driving Rhonda alone and
that there should be some other means to do it but then going back on that.
I said "the end doesn't justify the means" but backed off when I sensed Brad
was saying I was being "holier than thou" (though he didn't say that in so
many words).  Although I do think there needs to be justice with compassion,
and I hope that would be applied if the situation with Rhonda and Christa
ever came to light, I should have (like Kathy) encouraged Rhonda to find
another way rather than to encourage her to keep on this same track.  This
latest incident shows the very lack of judgment which has youngsters like
Christa unable to drive alone without someone licensed alongside to help
make critical decisions in a crisis.

I don't have the answers, other than suggesting again as I did before and as
Kathy repeated about talking to agencies and the hospital chaplain and local
churches.  David seems to do some things that are wrong but he does them
anyway to get out of tough situations in the Bible.  I can't explain all of
that.  But I do know that until we're sure there are absolutely no other
ways to do it (and we know now there is paratransit and possibly other ways
the chaplain and other services may know about), Christa shouldn't be
driving without another driver in the car.

Thanks to Kathy for confronting me about it.

Paul