ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:43:32 -0500
Kathy,

I will pray for Chris, but in a way perhaps not on the forefront of what
seems apparent. I've considered it before, but with the news you found out,
or Chris found out, and his comments of dead brain and etc. he really needs
prayer for self-esteem, and protection from destructive behaviors, and love
to be shown abundantly but not coddling the attitude. I'm sure you know
what I'm getting at, and I'm sure you and Greg are doing just that, but I'm
praying nonetheless for Chris in this regard. Perhaps his frontal lobe has
a issue, but I still can't get over the statement you said he said as a
child of wanting to go in the commercial and change it right. There is
something brilliantly artistic about that thought pattern for such a young
person.  You said he was artistic in nature wanting to draw or paint, draw
I think it was. Does he still like that sort of thing? It seems to me that
Chris needs to know he is good at something besides getting kicked out of
school and showing up for appointments to find out what is wrong with him.
I do not mean that disrespectfully, but rather that I feel is what he might
be feeling. Getting into an art might help him bridge a gap he needs and if
he has such a  talent, it is a gift of God and ought  use and express it. I
wonder if my teenage years might have been more testing if I hadn't had
guitar to drown my thoughts into, and take a bit of accomplishment knowing
I could play an instrument that not everyone can play, and it is something
I can get into that is music and cool. Where does he stand with art now?

Brad

Brad