ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:06:25 -0600
Hi all,
Not much to talk about in my knowledge seaking of christianity and the bible
today.
We have been struggling to get the bike working for us.
Terri has mild cp on her right side and she has never been able to ride a
bicycle.
It is totally new to her, to try and peddle.
She has done very well with the steering of the bike and the telling me when
to stop and so on but this is not something which can be riden propperly
with just one person peddling, so this has been frustrating us.
We asked that her cousin and her husband come over today and help us out
with the bike and we fed them for their trouble.
They are always very helpful to us when we ask but we natrally try not to
ask much of anyone.
Terri's cousin was able to convey the idea of peddling to her and she is
doing better now.  We also got the lights working with the help of her
cousin's husband and we picked up duffel bags which I will mount on it for
carrying groceries and the like and a chain for locking it up in public
places.  I fixed bungey straps to Terri's peddles yesterday in hopes that
this would help her but looks like I will have to put blocks on the peddles
as her legs are a bit short and we may have to get straps instead of the
pungey cord idea.
Things are coming along slowly but surely.
Wish us luck.
This bike means a lot to us in the way of mobility and reach in our
comunity.

Matt