ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:49:00 -0500
Hey, Family

The student never did get his notes to me yet but I'm going to clean up the
note I sent earlier that had strange = signs in it.  I'll post the notes as
soon as he gives them to me.

Paul

 Hey, Family

Yesterday I was blessed by the sermon of a student chaplain and asked for
his notes so I could share it with you.  He is supposed to give them to me
today.  If not, I'll try to paraphrase what he said but it won't do it
justice.  Just to whet your appetite, it is along the lines of what I
mentioned in one of my notes a while back.  Remember when I mentioned the
Jewish phrase "Die yay new" (spelled phonetically)?  It is a song Jewish
folks sing on  the holidays and it means "It would have been enough!"  They
sing "If you had only freed us from Egypt, it would have been enough to
praise you forever!"  "If you only saved us during the time of Esther, it
would have been enough to praise you forever!", etc.  This sermon builds on
that theme (though he never mentioned the song).

Referring to Paul's remarks about the thorn in the flesh and that GOD's
Grace is sufficient, the preacher remarked that GOD's grace is enough.  It
doesn't matter how rough life gets, physically or emotionally or
circumstantially, because we know this life isn't the end.  We have eternal
life in JESUS, so no matter what we have to deal with in this life, how
painful or how long, His Salvation, His Grace and goodness in just that one
fact that overshadows all others is enough to get us through.

As I say, I'm not doing it justice but wanted to make you hungry for more
(hopefully) to come.  Smile.

Licking Lips Lion