From:
Handiham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:12:29 -0500
Scott,

You might try disabling Norton System Works and rebooting to compare startup
times. Norton can suck up a lot of system resources and add to boot time
significantly. Of course you probably will want to re-enable it as soon as
you run the test, so you won't be without the protection it offers.  You
should also check which programs are running in the Windows system tray.
Every one of them adds to boot time and most are completely unnecessary.

Regards,

Patrick Tice