Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:12:56 -0000
Slightly off topic, but not too far, weather stations have been
discussed here before, and maybe somebody here can help Dave. I
didn't even know the amish used thermometers *grin*.
--- In [log in to unmask], Dave Ballman <Dave@w...>
wrote:
I am going to the garden center this evening.  among other things, I
want
to pick up some beet seeds that I was going to try growing in a 5
gallon
container.  Has anybody on this list ever grown beets in a
container, and
if so, were you successful?

also, I received a call from an Amish man yesterday, who had an
outdoor
braille thermometer that broke.  He said he got it from the
Massachusetts
Asociation for the Blind and that they no longer carry them.  If
anybody
knows where I might find one, please let me know. Apparently, it was
round thermometer with numbers like a clock, that had different dots
at
various numbers.

It's about 70 here today and absolutely wonderful.  I went out for
lunch
and thought I got a wiff of lilacs.

David M. Ballmann, MS, CRC
Rehabilitation Teacher of the Blind