From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:52:16 -0500
Hi Shawn.

At the risk of offending my faithful guide companion, Adobe Reader 6.0 is a
dog.  Or maybe something that rhymes with that, namely a hog.  This is
especially true if you are running an older Pentium II or similar processor.

I do have the accessible version of Adobe Reader 5 here--as a matter of
fact, it is what I run on this computer.  I think you will have better luck
with the freeze up problem.  As another practical suggestion, if you can
simulate a right click on the link for the PDF document, you will get a
drop down menu which you can then use to download the PDF file (I forget
the exact choice on the menu).  If you can get the PDF file down to your
own hard drive, you'll get much more efficient performance out of your
system and be far less likely to freeze up.  You could either simulate the
right click by finding the link with your Mouse Cursor and then pressing
the ASTERISK key on your number pad, or you could move the caret to the
link and press either the APPLICATION key or SHIFT+F10 to pop up the menu.

Hope that this helps.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:29 AM 1/23/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Guess what guys, it was Adobe. Adobe 6.0 to be exact.
>I didn't know the short history of radio was pdf. Our
>guru was over last night and I showed him what it was
>doing. Needless to say, we got rid of 6.0. He said I
>should get 5.0. He doesn't actually know much about
>speech compatability, but he liked 5.0 better, but I
>seem to recall some speech users telling me 5.0 was
>better. Anybody still got it? Is my guru right?

>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
>http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]