ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:22:45 -0600
Hi Ronda, I know how you feel about negative people.  I can still be
negative sometimes but mainly I avoid it because I know how unhealthy it is.
There is such a thing as unhealthy relationships, where a negative person
can keep you down with their words or even destroy marriage relationships or
other relationships.
Terri had a woman in her life, who was in her 50's or sixties, she had been
a neighbor of Terri's family when she was young.
She was very negative and very anti male in her way of doing things.
She had a husband she loved until his death and she had sons, but, when she
would come to our house, she would make a point of cornering Terri on the
porch outside and she would avoid me or cut me off in this way.  I often
complained to Terri about this woman and the way she did and Terri agreed
with me.  She didn't cut off the relationship but she didn't prosue it
either.  We lived far from this woman at the time so that pretty much choked
the relationship out of existence and she died shortly after we moved back
here, so we no longer have to dread her showing up on our door step.  I try
to make negative people stay away from me just by being positive.  When
someone sits and tells me problem after problem after problem I just try to
speak positively of our life and if we can be some what happy with the way
we have to do things, as disabled people with a baby, then their problems
really start to look small.  Most times they don't seem to see it, but the
positive talk usually shuts them up as all they are really doing is to
follow a pattern they have learned from people who will listen to them and
pat them and say oh poor baby.  Either that, or they have people who trade
back and forth with them their hard luck stories and they steep in the wine
together.  hahahahahah

Matt

proverbs 12 18
There is one who speaks like the piercing of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise promotes health.