ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:53:20 -0600
Hi Brad, I don't recall who I was responding too.
We discipline our children because it teaches that there are consequences in
life for there actions.
There is right and there is wrong, there is respect and there is disrespect.
We also need to allow schools to discipline our children as they have to
learn respect for authority figures.  If we protect them from discipline in
school, they learn that they don't have to follow the rules of the world, as
mom and dad will always pick up after them or protect them.
Or, they are special because the school can't touch them where as their
friends can be disciplined by the school.  As long as the discipline isn't
abusive, and rather corrective then I think it is ok.
I recall being a kid in junior high and hanging around outside at lunch
time.  We were bored and so we were just throwing rocks.  I accidentally hit
a kid in the eye with one of the rocks and I didn't think I was bothered by
it too much but when they called me into the office and gave me licks for
it, I felt a great since of relief.
It was weird at the time but I think I understand it now.
I remember walking out of the office smiling and whistling.
They probably thought I was just a smart-alecky kid but really, what they
did was a good thing.

Matt

Parents should not need their children,
they should love there children.