ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:02:34 -0600
I don't know if Lelia originally sent her response to me to the list but I
am responding to the list address because I think this relevant.
Hi lelia,
My brother has already gotten quite involved in readding and following
scripture.
I fear that he will try to use scripture to back up wrong beliefes or ways
he has, especially in his marage.
If he really listens to Jimmy Evan's teachings though, he can't do this
anymore.
I told him the bit Jimmy says about how the bible tells us that it is not
right to fantasize about someone other than your spouse, and that this is
considered adultry rather real or imagined and he said he knew but that he
struggled with that one.
hahahahahah
I too struggle with that one sometimes.
It's hard to stop the mind, or at least my mind which is somewhat manic
anyway.
However, now, when I find my mind presenting me with such an image, I make a
conscious effort to take out whatever female image is in the thought and
replace it with my wife.
Kind of frustrating because, of course my wife doesn't know that I have
these thoughts about her suddenly in the day sometimes and it's kind of
dificult to figure out how to suddenly bring up such things.
hahahahahahahhah
Jimmy evans says that when it comes to sex, men are very visual and
evidently he is correct.
Men can just have an image come into their head and it jump starts emotion
or need.
Women, as a general rule require time.

Matt