BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Easy bent lead pipe." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:44:31 -0400
Drew:

A google search on "wanamaker camp toms river nj" got me...

A brief description:

http://www.islandhts.org/products.htm

Wanamaker Camp / Presbyterian Camp

John Wanamaker ran a summer camp for his employees from his department stores in Philadelphia an New York City, from 1904 until 1941.  They studied music and athletics in addition to military drill.  Between 1949 and 1969, it was run as a Presbyterian summer camp.

Some postcard pictures:

http://www.islandhts.org/new_page_7.htm

Looks like just one large building, a smaller house-sized building, and the rest just tents in the Wanamaker era.  During the  later Presbyterian era it looks like they had more buildings.

Bruce

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:36:58 -0400
From: "Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Easy bent lead pipe." <snipped B-P email address so it wouldn't
bounce again>
Subject: Re: [BP] question...

huh-
was it quiet today or did I miss everything that went on?
in which case I want to ask again about Wanamaker camp in or near toms
river NJ- evidently a fresh air camp that John Wanamaker set up..
specifically what kind of bldgs are there so I can answer a phone call
intelligently can't find squat w/ google

From:         Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Date:          Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:03:35 EDT

--