From:
Loretta Moak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Loretta Moak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:53:36 -0800

ALLERGIES OR OTHER INTOLERANCES:

I am assuming you are a Celiac? I have had similar situations, although not
just the same. I used to suffer from intense bouts of scalp pain and "bone
pain". The scalp pain was pretty intense and would last about a half hour.
This was before I knew I was gluten intolerant and was eating plenty of
wheat. It has not returned since I have been gluten free. The "bone pain"
can still come and go but usually does not last long. Is there any way that
you might have another hidden food intolerance? I found out the hard way
that I am also soy intolerant. I was eating a GF diet but very heavy on the
soy. I inadvertently ate small amounts of gluten enough to launch this now
obvious soy sensitivity. I always had various back, neck, shoulder pain and
pain in my extremities while on soy. The pains have gone since I eliminated
soy, but I can get some short term back pain when I eat too much chocolate,
which has small amounts of soy lecithin. The point is, Celiacs are prone to
other sensitivities as well, so you just never know what foods or substances
can trigger these things.  Also, have you tried using natural, unscented
laundry products, also lotions, body soaps? Many of us are also very
sensitive to chemical detergents and scents. I can break out if my clothes
are washed in mainstream laundry soap that has fragrance, or if I use
mainstream scented skin products. I try and buy more natural products from
the health stores.  Also, and this might seem strange to some, but having
some alternative healing might help you especially if you cannot associate
your pain with any substances you ingest. Besides acupuncture, there are
people who can do energy work on you and visualization techniques, massage,
etc. You might want to look into it if this interests you at all.

This can be due to medications and also other allergens such as nuts, dairy,
soy products, different spices: cinnamon affects me. Aspartame and other
additives can also cause this to happen. My mother is taking Dilantin and
has a multitude of side effects from it. Skin pain is one of her symptoms.

I have had the same sensation...and it seemed to be connected to a
particular family of drugs I was taking to relieve migraine headaches
(although the pain would consume my entire body). When I stopped with those
drugs (and all those related to them) the pain went away...now it is an
infrequent occurrence that affects only small parts of my body.

Are you taking any medications only sometimes??? Perhaps it's some sort of
allergy, but I do know that you're not nuts when you say your skin hurts.

Yes, my daughter and I both suffer from skin pain. I have had it plus bone
pain all my life without knowing the cause and she has only in the past few
months begun experiencing it. We are undiagnosed Celiacs but recently went
back on gluten to get diagnosed. She is awaiting her blood tests and
meanwhile has been very ill. This is the first time we had heard of others
with the same problem but then since I found this list a few months ago, I
have learned so many things I am very thankful for.

OTHER RESPONSES:
This can be symptomatic of ADD

Drink lots of water---the first thing you should do at any sign of pain, a
twitch, dryness, etc.

Strangely enough, my next-door neighbors get this frequently.  She (her
daughter also) does not have CD.  She does have fibromyalgia, tho.  She uses
a lot of Advil & heat packs - Thermafore the packs that can be frozen or
heated in the microwave.

Thank you everyone for your replies to my email,
Loretta