From:
Marquetta Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:24:38 EST

Thank you all for the many suggestions.  I received over 40 responses.  It
seems the dry/itchy skin is definitely part of having celiac disease.

Suggestions were also have urine test on level of Cortisol
Thyroid test

I am going to summarize the responses I received so other people who are
suffering from dry/itchy skin may try the many suggestions.

drink plenty of water each day
Vitamin B12
Iron
take fish oil and Vitamin E
Make sure your intake Omega3-fatty acids (take EDF supplements)
use dye-free fragance free products for laundry, bathing and skin care.  Use
lukewarm water rather than hot for shower and apply lotion to moist body. Use
cetalphil body wash rather than soap
Longer we are on gluten free diet will help
Use a humdifier in your house, don;t keep house extremely warm instead dress
in layers.

followings are the cremes and lotions suggested. these are all
over-the-counter:
Cetaphil, Eurcerin, Calendula oitment, Netrogen lotion (anti-itch
medicaiton),Lubriderm, Neutrogena Norwegian, Vannicream, Kelp treatment
avaiable at
health food storoes, Aquaphor, Gold bond medicated lotion, Donais Goat milk
lotion
from Cracker Barrel, Sarna, Therapeutic Moisture in round jar,Ingram Camphor
cream -some Walgreens and Cracker Barrels sell it if not go to
www.caphorcream.com,
Prescription: Amactin12%

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Marquetta-MO