From:
Colin Martin-Howes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:09:02 +0000
Hi Faye,

I've just looked through the messages and seen some of the responses.
Another thing that might help you is to turn the modem feature off at
startup.  This is pretty simple (I can do it).  If you go to start, run and
then type msconfig you get into the configuration files.  There you will see
a tab called startup. up it and scroll down until you find your modem
connection.  Un-check or un tick the box and click apply.

After you have done this the modem will not run on start up and it will save
your stressing about it.

Yours Rhiannon & Colin

PS Happy New Year :)

>From: Faye Killian <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [PCBUILD] Computer Problem
>Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:31:52 -0800
>
>I wanted to ask you about a problem I have been experiencing for some
>months now. I hope I can explain this right since I'm a newbie at this. I
>have windows 98 and every morning when I boot up my internet connection box
>jumps up there and it is very annoying if you don't want to hook up right
>away. I can click on the x and also down at the bottom on the taskbar, I
>will right click and then close and it just won't go away no matter what I
>do. I can close everything out (Outlook Express or anything else) and then
>here pops back up the connection box again and it won't close.
>Do you know how I might fix this problem?? I have tried going to my startup
>menu to see if I could get it off the startup but I can't find it nowhere
>but I know it shouldn't be doing this and it hasn't always been this way. I
>don't even know what I did or didn't do to cause this.
>Any help would be appreciated,
>Thanks,
>Faye
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>