From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:14:17 -0500
Mike Freeman writes:

"Now you're talking.  But ballgames just aren't quite the same unless
they're listened to on a tube TransOceanic -- especially on batteries
outside."

Amen, amen brother!

And Mike continues:

"One definitely gets questions about the radio."

Though probably not such probing questions as these: (1) where the heck can
you get batteries for those precious old clunkers, and (2) ditto for tubes,
though I think I know of a few possible sources for those. I must confess
that my tube trans-oceanic has been in mothballs for a few years; haven't
looked for any 1L5's lately!

John McCann
KW4U
Echolink node number: 1789