From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:27:02 +0900
On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 05:05  PM, chevere wrote:

> The reason I'm asking is because my dad is interested
> in possibly switching to paleo and his main health
> problem is acid reflux.  Both of us are wondering if
> eating paleo could solve that.

Well, paleo didn't save me, but on the other hand I think it was the
non paleo things that really did the damage. Milk, coffee, chocolate,
tea, citrus, peanuts, tomatoes, mint, frozen foods like ice cream.
Maybe he could try cutting these out for a few days and see if he feels
better. The effects are really quick to show up, so if that is his
problem then he would know right away, probably in a day or so. Then he
could try them one by one as I did to see which ones were the trouble
makers. According to the web sites, about 25% of middle aged people get
acid reflux.