C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:07:38 -0400
I think it stinks, pure and simple.  Bush has become an enemy to true
conservatism, I think.  The Bible says we are supposed to take care of (and
identify with) the disenfranchised and poor, I think now the church
identifies with the middle and upper class, not the poor.  If the United
States ever was a "Christian" nation, Katrina proved it's not, anymore

Now, in the aftermath of the disaster, people are trying to assuage their
social conscience by giving.  I have no problems with giving, but I think we
should've given earlier to prevent it.  This could have been prevented, had
not the local, state and federal government have their heads up where the
sun doesn't shine.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and
unfortunately, this cure will take many pounds of money to cure.  The
federal government has already earmarked money for it, but it looks like our
budget is going out the window, what with two wars to fight, and now
Katrina.