BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Easy bent lead pipe.
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:32:33 -0400
In a message dated 7/16/2004 2:14:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>The costumed kitchen lady is my sweetie and I would like to impress her.   All help appreciated.

Cuyler,

Are we talking about maybe (or already) getting some here?  Cuz if so, I am confident that despite your previous horseshit about espresso, your Pinhead friends (well, the guys anyway) stand at the ready.

My suggestion would be to see whether you can get any gloss info out of the paint scraper, either in terms of his findings in Kitchen Lady's personal space, or his textbook knowledge of gloss levels in the olden days.

My inclination would be that the original was pretty glossy, since a glossier finish is more durable than flatter one.  I'm not sure when flatting oils came out, but whether anybody would have bothered with them for this farmhouse/lumberjacks' espresso bar seems unlikely to me.

Let us know how you do with the Costumed One, and whether her dedication to period attire extends to areas not ordinarily seen by the public.  Keep in mind, though, that although bloomers have a certain appeal, there may be something to be said for thongs.  Ask Clinton.

Ralph