Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 04:09:37 -0600

Buddy wrote,
   >Richard Web asked about NREN yesterday. Remembering i saw mention of
   >this on QRZ, and then seeing it again on the ARRL news page, I went
   >to have a look. And signed up myself as an active station on the
   >call-up list. Waiting for word back from Chuck about it.
   >I see that our own Anne, K1STM (of the famous repeater QSO on the
   >ARRL demo page) is also an active member. So how bout it Anne?
I"m not a real active cw op but it excited me when I saw it on qrz,
especially when a couple of brass poundres whom I respect talked it up
to me.  Hey if I were backpacking or doing my thing in the mountains
I'd be more likely to want to carry some kind of qrp cw rig and some
disposable batteries along so when the cell phone didn't have dial
tone and the repeater I could hit turned up nada I could always use
the code and be heard if the stuff hit the fan and help was needed.

I might also hook up a key and once in awhile listen on those
frequencies.

MIssed the url when I saw it in the arrl letter.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania