BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 21:40:09 -0700
And you can cut ash today and burn it tonight, it doesn't need drying time.
Ruth

At 2:31 PM -0400 8/7/03, Bruce Marcham wrote:
It has spiral grain which means it splits real hard.  I don't recall if the
grain spirals in opposite directions or just to varying degrees as you go
into the log but it just doesn't want to split.  My grandfather's wood lot
had a lot of dead elm and the only thing I could do with it was split off
the outside of the logs (tangentially rather than radially).

Ash splits real nice.
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT