From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:28:45 -0500

Thanks to all who replied. Now all I need is for Saturday to be snow-free......

...O'Lunney's is a good gf restaurant.  http://www.olunneys.com/  151 W. 46St., between Broadway and 6th Ave.  212 840-6688.

...I have eaten at a Thai restaurant on 9th and 48th, I think.  I will try to find out where.  It was divine, and no reactions.  La Bonne Soupe, on 55th, west of Broadway, has the best salad.  I would call them to see if it is GF.  I ate there before realizing I was CD.

...Agnus next door to the Producers,  (is this the same as angus McIndoe??)
Ipanema on W46, just off Fifth...You can also walk into any diner type restarant and there are loads of those around and get a gf meal

...Angus McIndoe..........we enjoyed
hamburgers(without rolls of course!!) and a grilled steak salad.  The
information below is from a previous list serve message but the address is
incorrect, it's 258 W. 44th Street.

...Bloom's Deki  www.bloomsnewyorkdeli.com Lexington & 40th 212-922-3663.

...Hell's Kitchen 679 9th Ave (46-47th St) 212-977-1588

...Druids 736 10th Ave. (I'm not sure if you'd say this is in the Times Square area.)

...Brazil Cafe 48th and 8th Ave.

...Playwright Tavern 49th and 7th Ave.

...Abigaels...kosher...closed during sabbath hours (Saturday) and Jewish holidays.  1407 Broadway, at 39th St.
212 676 1407 http://www.abigaels.com/

Other recommendations, such as Gus' Place require (easy) commutes by train or taxi. My preference is to stay within walking distance, since I already have a 2-3 hour commute just to get to NYC and then the trip home, not to mention the time spent at the theater.
And of course, there is McDonalds.
One person recommended TGI Friday's, but I haven't found them to be gluten-free-friendly.
Thanks again, Linda