From:
ADarragh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:30:32 -0500

Not really a recipe, more like a fun family dinner, but here goes.

We get Mission brand corn tortillas (they say "gluten-free" on the package)
We shred a mixture of 3-parts Monterey Jack and 1-part Cheddar (we use
Cabot brand)
We put out a variety of gluten-free salsas
We shred some lettuce, chop tomatoes, dice onions... whatever is around.
We happen to have a steamer, so an hour ahead we put in the rice on the
bottom and chicken breasts on the top (quantities vary depending on how
many of us there are).
When the timer goes off on the steamer, we transfer the rice to a bowl.
We shred the chicken and place it in a bowl.
Using heavy skillets the Mission brand corn tortillas get lightly
browned on one side, turned over - sprinkle some of the cheese mixture
on top (my kids like a lot) while it browns on the other side. While the
reverse side of the tortilla is lightly browning, the cheese melts.
We go through about three packages of tortillas as people grab them as
soon as they come off the skillet, walk past the bowls of filling adding
their choice of ingredients, and eat tortillas until the chef quits.

You can make your own tortillas but that really adds to the length of
the process - but they are delicious.