From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:15:46 -0500
HI

My local Sam's club has an APC 1100VA unit with management for $125.00.
It should power down your system properly if installed correctly.

It should also handle a good load.

Why not leave your USB devices off until need to use them?  You might
set up the "unnecessary electrical devices on a surge strip that you can
easily shut off if the power swithces to the UPS so you can run the
monitor and computer only for a bit.

Most of todays new computers have a BIOS setting called "last state"
You can set it to have the computer come back on if the power goes out
and
shuts down the system.  You just want to make sure the software for
monitoring the cameras
will also startup automatically when the system comes back on.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

The prices of UPSs have come down so much that the last time I needed
one, about two years ago, I purchased an APC Back-UPS 1000. This is a
bit heavy and bulky, but it is reliable, cost me only about $300, and
will power my computer and large LCD monitor for hours if I need to.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml