EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.F.Brumby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:43:38 -0000
cream is made from milk.Milk is produced for the growth of the young.It is
species specific.It is not normal for adult animals to drink milk of its own
species.
The masai I believe drink a mixture of cattle milk and blood.Their milk is
low in fat and the fat is unsaturated.The milk we drink is high in saturated
fat.Cows milk is also   high in growth stimulators and some believe that is
related to the high incidence of prostate and breast cancer in our
society.There is also a high incidence of lactose intolerence .I feel that
milk and cream are  not compatable with the paleo diet.Farming is a recent
life style only 10000 years.An extremely short time in evolutionary terms.

Date:    Sun, 8 Dec 2002 12:54:24 -0800
From:    John Polifronio <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Digest - 6 Dec 2002 to 8 Dec 2002
(#2002-64)

Two members have expressed their love for cashews and coffee with cream (2
among my favorites as well), questioning whether these foods could be
classified as "Paleo."
I haven't been following this list, and am curious why these two items would
arouse doubt.  Both are natural foods; cashews obviously.  In the case of
coffee, clearly grinding, processing and cooking are necessary.  Cream is
almost invariably over-processed and supplied with additives.  But raw, pure
cream is as natural a food as can be, and is available in good markets.
Perhaps you will inform me of the reasons why these and other foods would
not be included in a so-called Paleo diet.
The concerns I have with food, is that it be "real" food, and not processed
in such a way, that the original state of the food is compromised, and where
unnatural, artificial and unwholsome additives are used.  Mere processing,
per se, which retains the nutritional and flavor values of a food, and which
preserves the vitality we're seeking, lost in so much "modern" eating,
shouldn't concern us.
There are also the factors of weak soil, and over-cultivation, etc.
Date:    Sun, 8 Dec 2002 21:39:43 +0000
From:    Robert Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
(#2002-64)

This may get me kicked off of the list...but if you can find dairy from
grassfed cows it really changes the fatty acid profile...you even get a nice
dose of carotaniods!
Robb