BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:55:33 -0600
There's a shot tower just outside of Baltimore.  I don't know about
shot gun shot, but my understanding is that shot towers were used for
cannon balls.  I can't remember any details, but I am left with the
impression that hot iron globs are dropped through a tower of water and
they come out cooler and round at the bottom.  Better look it up.

-jc