From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:41:29 -0700
>(Vegetarians) don't eat enough vegetables by any measure.

I think many vegans and vegetarians eat less vegetables than I do when you
look at bulk.  Unless I'm ONLY eating meat or scrambled eggs, my typical
meal contains more vegetables than meat, sizewise.

I think most people are in the dark on what 'how much' means.  Four onces of
chicken, two cups of green vegetables and one tablespoon oil?  You're
looking at high fat, moderate protein and low carb intake as far as grams
are concerned.  But in bulk, it's just the opposite.  Tell someone you try
to eat roughly 50% fat, 30% protein and 20% carbs and they all but have a
coronary.  But if they saw your meal on a plate, they'd think you were the
patron or matron saint of good nutrition.  Unless vegan or vegetarian, of
course.  ; - )

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as
$29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/