From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:24:09 -0800
--- Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Since you seem informed on this subject, let me ask
> your opinion on something:  What do you consider the
> best Paleo foods for anaerobic workouts?  My
> strategy
> is usually to load up on fruits, which works pretty
> well, but which (I hate to admit) still doesn't
> provide the same kind of energy I used to get when I
> ate complex carbs like brown rice.

Hello Larisia,

I'll jump in here cause I've got some first hand
experience.  I play 2 man beach volleyball and saw my
game plummet into the basement when I went very low
carb.  After a year or so of punishment I started
carbing up again and immediately went back to my
former level.

My one non-paleo cheat, aside from occasional cheese,
is the brown rice I eat prior to my twice weekly vball
matches.  For a long time I used bananas and grapes
but found the rice to be far superior.  With the fruit
I start to conk out after an hour and a half or so.
The rice keeps me going longer.

If you want to stay completely paleo and continue to
avoid the rice I think your best alternative is
bananas, but I think you give something up when you go
that route.  I guess it's all about priorities.

Mark

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html