C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 23:37:49 EST
In a message dated 11/7/2003 3:25:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

       An excellent point! I have some Bowie knives I would like to sell LOL.
My wife keeps the credit cards.

Bobby
> If we were to do a survey of 100 people, I'm sure we would
> have at least 90 people who would say they have made foolish purchases
> at sometime, but they still have their checkbooks and credit cards.  I
> myself just recently got my 3rd tattoo on my arm, my mother wasn't very
> pleased but I still have my checkbook and credit cards.
yes, my ex husband was an ATM addict, I had to take away his ATM cards and
credit cards to get us out of debt, and he wasn't a pwd. (well that could be
argued, he was a child of alcoholic parents in the navy. so he is messed up
emotionally) The point being that everybody is allowed to make mistakes. look at
Liz Taylor, married 7 times, look at others.........this thing about your making
a mistake in the past, and then being restricted is very common issue for
folks with disabilities.

 Kathy Jo. You need to make a budget. Say there is a dress you want to buy?
and save up your money to buy the dress, or whatever you want. Then decide on
something else.  It irks me that you have not been given the real information
about SSI and work.

Mag