C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:59:22 +0100
On Monday 18 Aug 2003 9:41 pm, you wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly what it be, Deri.  One purchases the "interior" of the
> building and the "exterior" is owned and maintained by a "corporation"
> comprised of all of the owners.  Funds are pooled for exterior maintenance.
> The lawn and gardens are beautiful, but certainly not child-friendly.  It's
> a place where, by and large, the residents spend their summers and head to
> warmer climes for the winter.  In hindsight, I probably would have been
> better off had I purchased a "house" and then paid someone to maintain the
> grounds.
>
> Such a shame that modern western society is so litigous that you'd have to
> carry extra liability coverage.  One hopes looks are deceiving, though, and
> you don't really "need" the extra coverage. LOL!
>
> Kyle

Well the extra "liability" cover just comes as part of the medical insurance I
took out (all medical cover is free in the UK - not so in France). There is a
basic "reciprocal arrangement" (which means the French get full cover over
here, and we get basic cover over there!!).

It always tickled me that my normal "contents" insurance covers damage by my
"butler or other domestic staff", don't think there's much chance of that
clause being exercised!!

Cheers

Deri