BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:26:34 -0400
"Especially biting, sarcastic, humiliating, nihilistic criticism. "

Zeno

I like lots of criticism, in fact, can't usually get enough of it --
leastways not any worth getting excited about.
The world seems to be full of amateur critics that don't quite make the
mark.
When it is really good stuff it ticks me off and I try harder to prove
it wrong.
I just don't think Dan meant to provide criticism and I never saw any in
what he did provide.
I prefer criticism to be deliberate and well placed.
I don't care for sloppy or lazy criticism, like when the facts are all
wrong and the critic does not bother to get it right.
Difficult for a critic to be an expert in anything when they come off
dumb as nails. Good criticism requires intelligence and wit.
Just this morning I was saying that dimwitted writers should not be
praised for their feebleness but eviscerated and fed to crows.
If you want to be critical so it hurts you got to kick me really hard
where it counts.
Then again, when someone is down and out I think there is room to
consider critical style.

][<