BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:16:50 -0800
The best part of most music is the names and I guess blues has their share
as well, Lightnin' Lee and the Upright Rooster.  Love that name, much
better than a not Upright Rooster.  I'm not real big on Blues, probably
because there isn't much around here so I didn't grow up with it.  Ruth

At 4:30 PM -0500 2/9/04, Bruce Marcham wrote:
He speaks the truth...

It says Slick Ballinger won a Albert King Flying V (Gibson, I assume)
guitar for his prowess at the International Blues Challenge.

"First place in the band contest was awarded Saturday night to Zac Harmon
and the Midsouth Blues Revue (Southern California Blues Society-Los Angeles
CA). Coming in second, Reverend Slick and the Soul Blues Boys (Howlin Wolf
Blues Society-West Point MS). Third place went to The Matthew Stubbs Band
(Boston Blues Society-Boston MA). As announced Saturday, the Solo/Duo
winner is Lightnin' Lee & the Upright Rooster (Spa City Blues Society-Hot
Springs AR)."

Good to see Boston, MA can still get some recognition for their blues.

For more details:

<http://www.blues.org/about/news.php4?Id=6>http://www.blues.org/about/news.php4?Id=6
--
Ruth Barton