From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:23:47 -0500
Hi Tom and Barbara,

Once I installed the outpost firewall, I changed a couple of settings to
make the program a little less intrusive.  Go to the system tray and hit
enter on outpost or it might say your IP address instead.  After you have
hit enter down arrow to options and hit enter.  You'll be on the general
tab.  Hit control tab until you get to policies.  You will come to a radial
button that gives you five choices.  The first is to allow most
communications, that is the one that I use.  The second is to use the rules
wizard, with the rules wizard, you are given much more control over what is
allowed and what is not.

If your running a local area network, you also need to enable bios
communications or your network will not work and you'll have to put in the
IP addresses of the other computers on your home network.

Under plugging, there is a popup plug-in that can cause some trouble on a
few web pages.  If this is stopping too many pages from loading, go to the
plug-in tab under options, and disable the popup plug-in.  Everything was ok
with my computer and one day, my home page would not load.  My home page had
added a popup that outpost didn't like, so I had to disable the plug-in.
Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
FIGHT TRUTH DECAY!