From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:55:57 -0500
  Hi Ray,
there is not, to my knowledge, a scanner out there that can be said to be
"blind friendly" in the most generous sense of the term. However, with a
little perseverance and a willingness to experiment (end maybe endure some
frustration), you will find that a number of them are usable. I am currently
using some older units, haven't been able to buy the newest one on the
market, but have the Radio Shack Pro-92 and a friend of mine who is a fellow
ham is successfully using the pro-96.
It is helpful to use the computer software available for a lot of these
scanners to load and set up memories and trunking parameters.

A lot of other folks on the list are a lot more involved in scanning with
current radios than I am so they'll probably have more good advice.

73

Ron Miller
n6msa