From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 04:21:53 -0500
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Afraid is not the correct word. During the evolutionary important time,
>miljons of years when our body and our nutritional needs were formed by
>what was available for prehumans and humans there was no milk to be
>consumed except what you would get from your mother during the 3-5 first
>years of life. This means milk is not paleo food.

Don't you think it's possible that paleopeople stole milk from lactating
animals?

>So, it does not matter if you want to drink it pasteurized or raw. It has
>different negative consequences.

Tell me what kind of negative effects does raw milk from a healthy animal
have on a person who's not intolerant to lactose and casein?

>In Sweden were we wou
ld not have cattle contaminated by tuberculosis it is
>rather safe, out of that point of view, to drink raw milk but it does not
>turn milk into paleo food whatever you do to it.

Raw milk probably increases resistance to tuberculosis. It has been
succesfully used to treat pulmonary tuberculosis. Hippocrates prescribed
raw milk for tuberculosis.

>You know the Swedish saying: A little dirt clears the stomach and a lot
>makes you full! That is the attitude I was brought up with, have lived with
>and that I find most people live with here.

I was brought up with the the attitude that raw meat is extremely
dangerous. Most people seem to live with that. Now I eat raw meat and love
it.

Fredrik