From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:14:49 +0900
On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 01:28  AM, Fredrik Murman wrote:
>> Fodder for attack lawyers, politically motivated fake "science". Makes
>> me sick.
>
> Have I misundertood something here or are you actually defending for
> instance McDonalds and Burger King, Tom?

I defend peoples right to offer products that other people want to buy.
Even dangerous ones. McDonalds isn't "dangerous", just perhaps less
healthy than some other alternative. But if we let the nannies decide
what we all should eat, without a doubt they will have us eating fat
free vegetarian whole wheat mush and pasta three times a day. Best if
they all just LEAVE US ALONE.

>  I thought these people are fooling
> our senses and sell junk.

Not fooling. Giving our senses what evolution tells them they want. We
have our big brains to decide when evolution is fooling us.

Now if they were sneaking nicotine or opium in the buns, as I have read
sometimes happens in china...that might be a different story.  ;--)