From:
Walt Sebastian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:54:26 -0400
Hi Guys,
The QST that we get now is relatively on time.  Only a month or so late.
They come on cassette and are usually on eight sides.  Prior to that we got
them on eight RPM flimsy records.  Before that I remember getting them,
sometimes as much as a year late and they were on cassette.  That was in the
late seventies and the president of ARRL, Vic Clark narrated it.  He was
from the Carolinas and he told a story about himself and a neighbor with a
similar call.  His call was K4 KFC and his neighbor was K4KFK.  Vic would
sit there and listen to his neighbor call CQDX etc. and when he have his
call, Vic would just do a single dot.  About half of the time, the station
came back to Vic.  His neighbor, would just say he has done it again.  73.

Walt
WA4QXT
New London CT