Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 14:25:12 -0500
If I recall the message, it seems that something was said about "dysnomia".
This is actually a problem with calling the names of objects.  It may more
correctly be called anomia.  As a speech pathologist I work with this.  In
itself it is not a problem for Morse unless it is severe enough that letter
names cannot be called.  If it is that severe, language is usually involved and
you're more correctly talking about aphasia than a learning disability.
Actually, dysnomia is more correctly catagorized as either a central auditory
dysfunction or as an aphasoid disorder.  Then again since dyslexia must be made
as a medical diagnosis you sometimes get odd diagnoses from physicians.  This is
all complicated by the fact that there is not universal agreement on terms.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html