Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 19:15:29 -0500
No, the Extra is also 5wpm.  Once you've passed the code at that speed it
applies to both.  The general used to be 13wpm but it was all dropped back to
5wpm and if the ARRL continues its ongoing process of working to shaft hams they
will do away with Morse entirely but that hasn't happened as yet.  Several other
countries have, however, dropped the Morse requirement completely.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html