EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:38:11 -0400
How well do the current crop of screen readers work with different languages
within a single word processing document?

For example, let's say I want to create a trilingual document using Word. I
write the first paragraph in English, the second paragraph in French, and
the third in Spanish.

Then I select the first paragraph, go to Tools, Language, Set Language...
and choose "English (US)" from the list.

Then I do the same for the second and third paragraphs, choosing "French
(Canada)" and "Spanish (Mexico)" respectively.

Does the voice change when JAWS or Window Eyes encounters each paragraph, as
it would if I were to manually change the synthesizer settings?

What happens if I translate this trilingual document into braille using a
program like Duxbury? Will everything work out with the languages?

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com