C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emerald White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 02:49:15 -0500
Hi everyone.. My name's Em.  I don't have CP, however, I am very good
friends with someone who does, and need some assistance...

I recently started seeing a man with CP.  He's amazing in every sense of
the word.  The problem is he sees himself as half a man.  No matter how
hard I try to assure him that I like him for who he is, he's so afraid of
getting hurt that I believe he may just decide to quit seeing me..

We've had sex, and he's damn good at what he does... He's smart, sexy, fun,
and just.. wow... the kind of person that I've always seen myself with..

My question is...

How can I show him, or make him realize that he's not "half a man"..?  How
can I start something with him, knowing that I cannot promise him fully
that things will work out? (Who can, in any relationship for that matter?)

Any help would be amazing.. I am going out of my mind..

Thanks, Em.